International Association of Travel & Tourism Professionals
Skål International Hawaii
Young Skål was created by Skål International in 1999 with the aim of creating a greater awareness of Skål International by those young people studying for or training in the various sectors of the travel and tourism industry.
Young Skål is a category of Skål International specifically for students and young professionals directly related to the travel and tourism industry between the age of 21 through 35.
It is a restricted Skål International category and as such Group members are not entitled to full Skål International membership, to hold office, or to vote in the sponsoring Club or at any level in Skål International. Group members can only attend national or international congresses or meetings as an accompanying person of an active or life member of Skål International, unless specifically invited.
To develop friendship and common purpose between the students of the educational establishment, by participating in areas related to the tourism industry, and also in cultural, sports, travel and public relations activities.
1. To encourage and assist in the tourism education or experience of the members by participating in activities and meeting members of Skål International Hawaii.
2. To cooperate voluntarily in all activities and the organization set up by Skål International Hawaii.
3. To promote training opportunities for its members and to acquire professional experience with the support of Skål International Hawaii.
4. To ensure that its members are fully aware of Skål International, locally, nationally and internationally.
5. To participate in an international network of Young Skål Groups.
Young Skål is open to all young professionals training for or working in the industry between the age of 21 years of age and 29 years and have been in the industry for a minimum of two years.
Young Skål membership dues are $52 annually plus the cost of attending individual functions/meetings.
The requirements to become a Young Skål member are:
1. Student at an accredited educational institution that grants a degree, diploma or certificate upon completion of studies.
2. Young professional training or working in the industry.
3. At least 21 years of age and not older than 29.
4. Agree with and accept the objectives and regulations of the Young Skål Group.
5. Successfully complete the application process for Young Skål.
Become a Young Skål (Download an application here)
Young Skål is to enroll all persons training or working in the sales and/or promotion of tourism worldwide into the movement. The objective is to welcome them into the world of Skål International and make them familiar with its values: Friendship, Peace, Solidarity, and promoting common, local and international interests in the Tourism Industry. Ensuring that once a managerial position is reached, the Young Skålleague will continue to support the movement strongly, its ideals and principals and by being a leader, to proactively transform the environment in which he/she lives.
Note: Brochure does not reflect YS Dues increase to $52.00